Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a vn 2000 its leaking oil through the air filter

Customer Question

I have a vn 2000 its leaking oil through the air filter Checked the oil it was low on stick filled and it blew evem more one thing I'm not sure of is the oil cecked standing straight up or on the stand
JA: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?
Customer: no its only has 5k and never had hany issues
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: as far as fixing it yes I want to do it myself and all Ive had to do to it is change the oil is the oil checked standing up or on the stand
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no no driveability no other leaks
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On some models the engine uses a vent system to help vent crank case pressures.I would check and see if your model has this system and if it is restricted as this will cause this here.The other issue is engine blow by with compression issues with a piston issue or cylinder wall issue.Both of these need checked into to locate which is the cause here and repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is apprectiated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete