Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Friend gave me a Suzuki Intruder, 2003 - 1400cc which has

Customer Question

Friend gave me a Suzuki Intruder, 2003 - 1400cc which has been sitting for about four years. I got the motor to turn over, compression is 100 and 110 psi. Engine turns over good however no spark at the plugs
JA: Does the engine spark at all? Is there a trouble code or is your "check engine light" on?
Customer: No spark...........actually I am a harley person dont know much about suzuki's
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Engine turns over no spark, fuel system seems good.......yes i would like to fix it my self........... cant afford to send it to the shop now.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Since the bike was sitting for four years, I cleaned all of the electrical connections that i could fine. The previous owner said the bike was running well prior to storage
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • attempt to start with the side stand folded up and the clutch lever pulled in;
  • • check/clean/exercise the STOP/RUN kill switch.

All others would require the use of a volt/multi-meter.