it sounds like you may not have received proper instruction for starting and riding the bike and were left with unrealistic expectations.
- to start the engine when cold, turn on the gas, and pull the enrichener (choke) knob all the way out.
- turn the ignition ON and the run/stop switch to RUN.
- twist the throttle once or twice.
- release the throttle and press the start button until the engine starts.
- allow the engine to idle for 30 seconds or so, adjusting the enrichener knob to keep the idle speed around 1500 rpm.
- begin riding normally.
- push the enrichener knob IN a little every few miles. if the engine starts to miss while riding, pull the enrichener out a little until it stops.
- after about 5-10 miles, the engine should be warmed up and idling normally at 1,000 rpm with the enrichener all the way in.
- in any event, NEVER allow the engine to warm completely with the bike setting still. air cooled engines require air flow over the heads and cylinders to prevent overheating and hot spots which can ruin the engine.
let me know if you need more help.
if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.