P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

I have tried using videos from u tube about resetting and

Customer Question

Hi..
I have tried using videos from u tube about resetting and overriding the alarm on my 883 sportster and followed the instructions step by step..but still can't get my bike to start. Battery is fully charged and checked the spark plugs.. so most definitely is an alarm issue. Was hoping you could point me in the right direction to solve this issue.
Thanks steve
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 4 months ago.

Does the bike turn over? If so, the security system is not the issue.

Have there been any recent modifications?

Thanks, P.J.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No the bike doesnt turn over. There are no modifications either.
Thanks
Expert:  P.J. replied 4 months ago.

Do you have the security fobs? If they aren't working then the first thing to do is to change the battery in a fob. This is the most common issue with them not communicating with the security system to disarm it.

If you don't have the security fobs you will need to know the PIN. If you know it I can help walk you through the input of it.

There is no other way to bypass the system without an HD or aftermarket service computer.

Thanks, P.J.