Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Have a kawasaki mule 4010 trans 4x4. i changed the oil ,put

Customer Question

have a kawasaki mule 4010 trans 4x4 . i changed the oil ,put royal purple max cycle 20-50 oil in. have put 2 quarts in and still doesn't show on dip stick. owners manual says use 1.4 quarts. i have started ect. still no change.
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.

Make sure that the oil is being installed correctly in the correct port.If this is o.k. you might contact a dealer to see if they can tell you if this was a misprint in the owners manual as the engine may take more oil.If this is not an option for you let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Come to find out this oil is so clear it is hard to see. Dip stick and ran a napkin from a nice down to full mark really slow when it got to full mark it started showing up on the napkin. Just never see oil that clear
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Some oils are very clear and if the engine is clean it will also look very clear as well making it hard to see the level in some cases.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know and feel free to rate my help above if you like.

Thanks Pete