Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Why does my 2002 yamaha roadstar silverado 1602 feel like it

Customer Question

Why does my 2002 yamaha roadstar silverado 1602 feel like it slips when excellerating and I hit a bump. Is it transmission or clutch and why. I have 36000 miles on it.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the engine revs up with this issue here but the transmission feels like it is slipping this can be due to a fault with the clutch itself.It may be an issue with the clutch being worn already needing replaced.This will have to be inspected further to be sure and to locate any other components worn that may need replaced.I would also have this checked to see if any adjustments can be made to the clutch or transmission to correct this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete