Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I drained my battery on my 04 vespa. I left it on overnight

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I drained my battery on my 04 vespa. I left it on overnight while attached to the battery tender. Since then I have replaced the battery, ensure connections and fuses and now cannot receive any power at all. Battery is tested and is charged.
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Ive found one in glove box and thats all ive located
JA: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?
Customer: 2004 vespa 200l
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes Id like to. I have changed battery, checked fuses
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Its not a matter of battery or spark because it doesnt even get that far, Battery is good, nothing on scooter, not even a light or a horn, no power
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, it would appear to still be a fuse issue. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done and depending on the version):

• re-check the fuses at the fuse bank ( six protection fuses located in the glove compartment to the left);
  • • check/replace the main 15A fuse (located under the helmet compartment under the saddle hinge latch).
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've checked the glove box, all good.Is the main dude under the seat you speak of in for form of a relay? That's the only one I can see.
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

The main fuse in most versions would be integral to the starter relay. Please click / see the image HERE. Fuse B on relay 7.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've found the 15 amp fuse. It was blown, I have now replaced it. Now when I go to turn on scooter I have power. It wont fire up though. I just hear one click . I have the battery on the tender now to ensure it will charge up.
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Yes please; have the battery externally charged and then LOAD TESTed (even if new/charged and just for the purpose of eliminating it as a suspect).