Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I was riding my 2013 street glide two hours when I noticed

Customer Question

I was riding my 2013 street glide for about two hours when I noticed that something was wrong. I pulled over and the engine quit and wouldn't start again. I checked a few things and then I pulled off the air filter. The engine started and I rode home. The next day I installed a screaming eagle stage one air cleaner. After riding for a mile the engine seemed hot and then quit. I let it cool off and took the filter off and it started and I rode home. I installed a Vance and Hines fuelpack and mapped the bike. I road it today and lo and behold the bike quit. I took the air filter off the bike started and I rode home. HELP. Thanks
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check and see if any wiring is damaged or chafing around the air filter assembly area at all.This can cause this type of fault here and would need repaired or replaced.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete