Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

Had a power commander on my 2001 road, the Velcro didn't

Customer Question

Had a power commander on my 2001 road king, the Velcro didn't hold the box and fell down on the drive belt which cut through the plastic and the bike stopped. Took the power commander off. Try to start it now its very hard to start and won't run without giving it gas. After its starts the check engine light is on. There are no codes according The odometer.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

explain how the velcro holding the Power Commander to the ECM on the RIGHT side of the bike resulted in the power commander falling down on the drive belt on the LEFT side of the bike?

let's start there.

Steve

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The pcm is on the right side of the bike and the power commander box was on the left side. That's how the direction said to do it. The concern is not the power commander but why now the bike is so hard to start and won't stay running the check engine light is on and going through the process of using the odometer to get the codes it shows that there are none.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm forgetting some information, I took the power commander off due to the fact that the drive belt cut through the plastic case into the electronics and shorted it out. But like is said before the bike is so hard to start and when it does you have to give it gas to stay running.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

your power commander was NOT on the left side (cables won't reach) and it did NOT fall into the belt (no way for it to fall from the left side cover anywhere near the drive belt) and get damaged.

I think I'll take this opportunity to OPT OUT.

best of luck.

Steve

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry that you want to opt out, but the way I explained it to you where it was located is how dynojet said to do it. The cables were long enough and it was on the left side. The cable went in front of the battery box to the ecu on the right side and the fuel module had velcro stuck to the battery box on the left side.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Right now it's not even about the power commander, it's about why my bike doesn't run. I have everything hooked back to just the ecu.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have to say that I am very disappointed that I have not received any answers to the question I asked, but you surely took my money. I think I'm going to tell my friends never ask your company for answers.