P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.

Had the battery disconnected and now nothing but alternating

Customer Question

Had the battery disconnected and now nothing but alternating flashers.. 08 Screaming Eagle ultra???
JA: Have you tested the battery? Is the battery fluid low?
Customer: Battery is good just on charger.
JA: What year is your Eagle?
Customer: 08
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: on-off 3 times followed by quick left signal twice and right once.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
whats going on now??? I disconnected the battery and when I re-connected the alarm is going off even with no battery.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have the bar code from the dealer if that helps. This happened once before but it was too many years ago for me to remember what I did exactly. The wallet card has different procedures than the manual, card says on and both signals to get the display, and the manual says left then right?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sure what's the phone number?
Expert:  P.J. replied 3 months ago.

The bar code from the dealer is different from the PIN code required to disarm the security system (unless they confirmed that they set that code to match).

Do you have your wireless security fob? It is supposed to be near the system and the system disarmed when disconnecting the bike battery for any reason. The security system has its own internal battery which allows it to work even when the bike's battery is disconnected.

If you have the fob in close proximity and the alarm doesn't recognize it then it may have a weak or bad battery in the fob. I'd suggest using the other fob or replacing the fob battery and placing it on the seat while turning on the bike's ignition.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Also, please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks, P.J.