TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Honda registered technician, silver level award, former Kawasaki/Suzuki tech, 40+ years exp.
8313095

How do I remove the rear valve cover from a Honda shadow 600

Customer Question

How do I remove the rear valve cover from a Honda shadow 600 VLX
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The bike is VT600CD not VLX
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 4 months ago.

That is difficult to do with the engine in the frame as there is almost no room between the top of the engine and the frame. It can be done by removing the carbs and air box, draining the coolant, removing the coolant pipe to the rear cylinder, removing the exhaust valve adjuster cover, move the wire harness out of the way, rotate the cover forward and downward and you should be able to get it out. If not remove the engine mount bolts to allow some limited movement of the engine to gain a little more clearance.

Please leave a positive rating so that I can get credit for assisting you. After rating you can always add a reply if you need more help with this.