Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Is it necessary to remove the primary cover to remove the

Customer Question

Good Morning! Is it necessary to remove the primary cover to remove the starter on a 2006 Electra Glide Standard. I've removed the starter bolts as well as the exhaust bracket. Starter moves about and inch out from the flange but that's as far as I can get it to move. Hesitant on prying on anything due to a long history of breaking stuff. LOL.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

If the starter will not move enough to remove it then the cover or any other components in the area that may be blocking the starter from being removed may have to be moved out of the way or removed.I dont show the exact info on this myself here but usually this is the case when it will not remove.You want to check for anything blocking it from being removed fully and remove it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete