Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

What does it mean if the low fuel sensor is on when you and

Customer Question

What does it mean if the low fuel sensor is on when you and have full tank of gas at the same time the oil level sensor is flashing? It wouldn't stop running when I turned bike of and when I hit the kill switch the starter came on. During my bike is making a noise like it sounds like the fan is on but it is not.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, it would appear to be a poor ground, loose wiring or connector issue.

Still and if have not been tried; inspect the battery, its ground lines and/or check/clean the battery cables + terminals, connectors and wiring as a preliminary consideration. Have the battery externally charged and then LOAD TESTed (even if new/charged and just for the purpose of eliminating it as a suspect).

Particular attention to all black wires including those tied to the battery's - terminal, harness to frame and engine ground.

Additionally, consider to hardwire a secondary ground line from the battery's - terminal to the engine. frame and harness' black wire(s).