Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I rode my 2014 moto guzzi california 2 hrs in heat and

Customer Question

I rode my 2014 moto guzzi california for about 2 hrs in heat and traffic. After parking with engine off for 5 minutes when i turned the key on, a red warning light would not go out. When the engine started the light went out. After repeated start the light is blinking and is off wnen the ignition is on but the engine is not running
The owners manual says it maybe the sensor or low oil pressure.
I do smell burnt oil. I changed the oil but the light still comes up.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with an engine oil pressure sensor leaking causing the burning oil smell and light as I have seen before needing replaced.I would have the engine oil pressure sensor checked/tested to see if it needs replaced to correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete