Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP

Name is I have a 1988 Honda Goldwing an I have no power no

Customer Question

hi name is ***** ***** have a 1988 Honda Goldwing an I have no power no where turn the key on an theres no power just in staled a no batt
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: this is motor cycle an in neutral
JA: What is the model of your '88 motorcycle?
Customer: GL1500
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: check all fuses an fuse links an no power
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: had a trickle charger on it all it puts out is 2amps the kids left the key on when it was charging
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 3 months ago.

Hi and thank you for using

I understand you installed a new battery and now do not have power to anything. I have a couple of questions for you I would like you to answer for me so I can help you isolate the problem.

First, what prompted you to replace the old battery?

Next, exactly what brand of battery and size (designation) battery did you install in it? Please read this off the new battery please. Not the box for it or a parts list. We want to make sure the battery in the bike is the correct one. Making sure it didn't get swapped in the box or something like that.

When chronologically did the charging of the battery with the key on occur? Was this before you replaced the battery or was it with the new battery?

Do you have a volt/ohm meter at your disposal?