Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a 2012 Harley Davidson ultra glide. I have been

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Harley Davidson ultra glide. I have been putting LED lights on my motorcycle and they were all working fine. I did not like the set up that I did it in, and on one of the websites did said you could use your fuse box to add the LED lights. I was turning the ignition on and off while testing The fuses, and I plugged in the 35 amp 12 VDC amp while the ignition was on and I heard spark. I turn ignition off plugged it in and all the lights work still. I continued to check the fuses looking for the turn signal and the next thing I knew, my headlight spotlights and running lights, tell lights were not working and I could not get them to work. Do you think it was the 35 amp lighting relay or something else that won't let my lights work?
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have not received an answer from an expert yet so I will try one more time. It was a holiday yesterday but if I don't get an answer today and I am going to remove this app
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Under where this relay sits is there a diode at all?This would look like a very small box with an arrow on it.If there is this diode looks like it had fried and cause the relay to appear like this here and the diode needs replaced.If there is no diode let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It took to long to get an answer so I went to Harley Davidson and got the answer I Needed.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

O.k.,once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.

Thanks Pete