Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2006 Goldwing reverse indicator blinks when ignition is

Customer Question

2006 Goldwing reverse indicator blinks when ignition is turned on motorcycle will not start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: engine does not turn over, battery is yuasa two weeks old
JA: What is the model of your '06 motorcycle?
Customer: viiia
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes,
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: checked
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: all
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like an electrical fault with the transmission/gear box position sensor/switch.This model should use a sensor/switch of some kind to let it know what gear position it is in to turn on the reverse lights and if this is at fault this may be causing the no start issue here.I would have this checked into/tested further to help pinpoint which component is at fault here for sure and then from there repaired.In some cases it can be best to have an experienced repair facility test this here for you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete