Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Sensor code P0374 comes up bike Sat all winter won't

Customer Question

Sensor code P0374 comes up bike Sat all winter won't start.Will fire on either but not with fresh gas how do I fix the problem
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Cleared the code turned over 4 or5 Times check engine comes back on.retired three times same result
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Harley Davidson 2007 XL1200c
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Reset code ,New plugs,dry gas ejector cleaner
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just need to know what's causing it could it just be a bad sensor?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not inspected for any broken or damaged wiring on your model here this needs done.If a fault is found with broken or damaged wiring this will need repaired to correct this issue here.I have seen issues when these sit where wiring can be chewed up by rodents in some cases and needs repaired.If no wiring is found to be at fault let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete