Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience

Dead cylinder ( no spark) cyl.2 of Kawasaki FH531V-ASO5..

Customer Question

What I've done..
1)check compression...100psi both cylinders
2) replace gaskets from carb to manifold to head
3)swap coils and spark plugs to opposite side...problem still stayed with #2 cyl
4) remove kill wire to both coils
5) replace flywheel with one from a spare same model motor
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 3 months ago.

Hello, the next step is going to be to check the coil with an ohm meter I'll post the info below. Let me know what you find and we can work further.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have a service manual and both coils check good..what appears to be a bad coil will work fine on cyl #1....neither coil fires on cyl #2 ......this motor is on a Husqvarna zero turn mower.....model###-##-####
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, it would appear that almost all have been checked/replaced/tested.

Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Consider then cautiously adding a common ground strap linking the metal bodies (core) of the 2 ignition coils.

Also re-check the gap between the coil core to the flywheel tab.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have added a ground to the coil on cyl 2 with same results
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
makes no sense...attached common grond to both change...then while common ground was connected to core of coils (under one of the hold down screws) I ran a separate ground wire to main ground cable of change
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here is something I have discovered. I have several types of spark is where you ground it and set the gap for the spark...the coil on cyl. #1 fires even if you set the gap at almost an inch...the coil on cyl#2...nothing...Then if I put the inline spark tester on cyl #1( the tester that shows spark inside of it) there is no spark...but if I detach it from the spark plug and ground the end of the tester there is good spark inside of it
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Please post back clear picture of the 2 coils mounted + the flywheel. Click HERE.