Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2014 250 sxf, I recently purchased it, the second

Customer Question

I have a 2014 250 sxf, I recently purchased it, the second time riding it I noticed straight away that the clutch was not dis-engaging even though the clutch lever was pulled all the way to the grip. I reverse bled the clutch as per the manual, 2 or 3 bubbles did come out at the master cylinder but the problem still remains. After letting the engine and oil warm up for approx 4 minutes of idling I pulled the clutch lever all the way in and selected first gear, to my disappointment the rear wheel begun to spin as though the clutch was not engaged. What is the solution to this problem please?
Regards Peter
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to a fault with the master cylinder itself needing replaced.I have seen some of these fail in the past before needing replaced to correct this issue here.I would have this tested further to see if for sure this is the cause here needing replaced as it sounds like the master cylinder is the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete