Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Harley flhr won't start,has good spark,battery voltage is

Customer Question

Harley flhr won't start,has good spark,battery voltage is good,fuel pump is pressuring,but will not even fire
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Battery is new and fully charged
JA: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?
Customer: 2003 flhri
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes hoping to fix myself,the nearest shop is 2 hrs from here
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the bike was wrecked and sat for 6 years,wondering about the injectors being gummed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It will run if fuel is squirted into the intake,so it must be a fuel or delivery problem. I have 12 volts at the injectors with the engine cranking. Stuck fuel injectors,crank sensor problem or ecu? Any way for me to check these or any ideas?
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like a possible issue with stuck injectors from sitting.I have seen this occur several times before.I would have the injectors tested to see if this is the cause for sure here and replaced as needed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, Thanks for the answer,I have been thinking the same thing,but wanted some thoughts other than my own.In the next day or so will pull the injectors and check them out. Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Your welcome.In some cases they can be cleaned to operate again but with it sitting for 6 years this may not be possible and they may need replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete