Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

How much? 1971 Kawasaki f7, lots of ebay parts, got good

Customer Question

how much?
JA: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?
Customer: 1971 Kawasaki f7
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: lots of ebay parts, got good spark. valve plate timing is my q. last owner had it in backwards and pushed seal out putting trans oil in crankcase. it started once with huge amounts of smoke and pushing raw oil out the exhaust
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 1971 Kawasaki enduro 13000k?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you havent yet,try removing the spark plugs and cranking over the engine to blow out any oil in the cylinders.Then from there clean and install the spark plugs and see if it operates properly.If this does not work or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, that's all been done. Tomorrow gonna try to check ignition timing. Service manual says 23 degrees @ 4000 rpm. I messed with that before without the manual. Still not comfortable with valve timing. Can email service manual pages.