Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience

I have an 01 929 cbr and I tripped my service connecter

Customer Question

I have an 01 929 cbr and I tripped my service connecter under my seat and was givin like 5 codes, but after I reset the service light like my book said. I no longer got any codes, just a solid red light. My book says that's a bad ecu so o got one off a friend who says he road the bike for 45 min with his extra ecu before sending it to me. So I replaced it and even though my bike doesn't have this weird tic it would get every 45 seconds or so, my service light still says the ecu is bad when I trip it. My bike runs like garbage. It's getting worse and worse. And when I come to a stop and pull the clutch in my service light comes on as well as the oil light. It runs so ruff
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Also I'm sure this is a no brainier but my girlfriend has been using my car so I've been riding the bike to work very slowly, I wanted to know if it's possible I'm doing permanent damage, like I said it's getting worse, and louder, it now knocks, and sounds horrible on start up. Ps bike only has 8,400 miles
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, let's do a review; perform again the Self-Diagnosis Reset Procedure. Please click HERE.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.