RSRBOB
RSRBOB, Technician
Experience:  Former Factory Service Rep, Dlr Line Tech, Service Manager, General Manager, Store Owner
10825618

Just wandering if you could help me, I have a cagiva

Customer Question

Just wandering if you could help me, I have a cagiva navigator 1000, which I had an accident on, the headlights got damaged and also the right front indicator lens. I can't seem to source these items anywhere. I know you normally answer mechanical questions but hope you might know where I can get these items from.
Regards
Marcus
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 5 months ago.

Hi Marcus and thank you for your question.

I did a web search for Cagiva Motorcycle Parts and found the Cagiva home page.

http://www.cagiva.it/en/

It has a dealer locator on it (loosely translated) where you can put in your location or state (providing you are in the USA) and find a dealer. Understand there is not a plethora of dealers, so you might have to do a wide search. However, since any of those parts can be shipped, it becomes irrelevant where the dealer is.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Been there, done that, that is why I am asking the question because I have been searching for days. All the parts seem to be obsolete.
I was asking the question as an off chance that maybe some would know if there is one getting wrecked. I even contacted the manufacturer of the bike with no joy.
Maybe can I retrofit from another kind of bike. Any help would be appreciated.
I live in New Zealand.Cheers
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 5 months ago.

I will place a call to my closest dealer and see if they have any suggestions. I will let you know.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
HiCustomer
Have you had any joy at your end with my question.Regards
Marcus
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 5 months ago.

I have not heard back from my buddy yet. I will check in with them on Tuesday. Monday is a national holiday here.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks heaps
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 5 months ago.

Np.Hopefully they have good news for us. I also had another passing thought. The largest salvage yard in the US is Steve's Cycle Salvage in Tifton, Ga. Supposedly has everything for anything......

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks again, hopefully we will get some answers.Cheers
Marcus
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 5 months ago.

I will give them a call tomorrow. :) As soon as I know something, I will get back with you.

Cheers!

Customer/p>
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 5 months ago.

Greetings,

Latest update. They have contacted their rep who is going to contact the factory in Italy. No promises but it sounds like if they can get ahold of the right person at the factory, they usually get what they need.

One thing I was wondering about, when you said the headlight, do you need everything associated with the headlight? I want to make sure we get all the parts you need the first time, if we do indeed get them. I would hate to think we got almost all of them and missed a big important one.

Thanks

Customer/p>

I will update you as I know more. As you can imagine, dealing with Italy from the US usually means at least 1 day per exchange.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yep just the headlight, it comes as a pair I think. Thank you for your dedication so far. It sounds promising.
I must admit I was a bit apprehensive trying out this site but you have proven to be very helpful. Thanks again and hope to hear some good news.Cheers
Marcus
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 4 months ago.

Hello.

I finally got some information back from the factory in Italy. Good news and bad. They have turn signals in stock and they are available. Price was $40 and change. The headlight was not available. I suggest seeing if you can find a MGV Agusta dealer close to you and see if they will order this from the factory for you. If not, I am sure my buddy's dealership will order it for you and ship it but the thought of how much that could cost scares me. :) That dealership is Eurocycles of Tampa Bay (FL) (###) ###-#### ***** is the parts manager that I was speaking with so if you need to call them, ask for her and tell her you are the one that needs the Cagiva turn signal from the factory and she will fix you up.

That sends me back to thinking your best shot may be Steve's Cycle Salvage in Tifton, Ga.

Here is their website.

http://www.stevescyclesalvage.info/

You can e mail them a request. Again, this particular company has the reputation for being the biggest salvage yard for MC in the US. Hopefully they can help you out.

I am glad you feel that I have been helpful. Often times in our industry, it is truly having the connections to get things done that makes it possible.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Thanks,

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi RSROB,Thank you very much for the information I will follow that up and thanks heaps again for your help.Cheers
Marcus
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 4 months ago.

You are most welcome.

If you are satisfied with my service so far, please click the accept button. You can still come back and add to this post, ask question or anything else in the future too.

Customer/p>