Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years

No spark, 2003 polaris 90 sportsman, just replaced the coil

Customer Question

no spark
JA: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?
Customer: 2003 polaris 90 sportsman
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just replaced the coil nothing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it ran real good with an ocational back fire but i blamed that on my kid lol but now nothing i dont have any power at all on the low voltage side of the coil during crancking
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this here today.I apologize as some of my info is limited on this model here.

Check and see if any of the wiring at and leading to the coil is damaged in any way or shorted out.I have seen issues with damaged and shorted wiring cause this fault here needing repaired or replaced.If this is checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have checked all of the wiring what is the process for testing the cdi and the stator
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately I do not have the process for this testing myself here.If you would like I can open your question for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I hope I am not charged for this!!!
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

I will open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can help further on this.I hope you can get this resolved wih ease.Someone else here should have the testing info on this here.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Kenny O. replied 3 months ago.

Hi Kevin, my name is Kenny

I apologize for the lame attempt on the last expert, I'll be glad to help you get your problem fixed if you still like, if not they will be happy to refund your money ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I found a test on you tube i performed the test and it shows a bad stator so i ordered a new one a refund would be appreciated thank you.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 3 months ago.

OK good Kevin, I was going to go there with you, its usually the exciter coil that goes out,

if you need anything in the future please feel free to come back, you can request me and I will be glad to assist you !

Expert:  Kenny O. replied 3 months ago.

I sent your request over to customer service,