Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 500 traxster and it started by not shifting then

Customer Question

I have a 500 traxster and it started by not shifting then taking multiple trys to start now it wont start at all and the gear indicator lights flash
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Mechanic to figure that out. What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 4 wheeler bombardier traxster(###) ###-####
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checking connections in the wire harness
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: how do I check the solenoid at the rear of the machine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to a fault with the shifter position switch/neutral safety switch itself possibly if equipped.I have seen some of these switches fail in the past before needing replaced for this issue here on some models.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete