Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I have a 1985 harley softail with the evo motor i have spent

Customer Question

i have a 1985 harley softail with the evo motor i have spent 4 grand trying to get the damn thing straight just had it completely rewired new starter stator solenoid battery the whole nine yards he said he used some kind of magnetic ignition there also seems to be some kind of relay for the ignition so all seemed to be going well then i go to leave work fire bike up after a few minutes it dies go to start it again and it just makes a grinding type noise and wouldn't stop even when i killed all the power to the bike through the thumb switch and key so it did this for probably 10 minutes or more now if i try to start it it does the same thing just the grind noise and relay clicks all the power off then it kicks back on so figured id have some friends push my and start it that way it fired up for a min popping like crazy and shooting flames out exhaust we tried again nothing it will try to start then pop real loud like a shot gun being fired
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 5 months ago.

Hello, do you still need some help with this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i do but it took way longer then what the advertisement said ti get back to me so i will find the information i need somewhere else please refund my money