Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

I have a yamaha waverunner 2006 vx 110 deluxe...i took it

Customer Question

I have a yamaha waverunner 2006 vx 110 deluxe...i took it out twice and it ran fine...took it out yesterday and it took on water and would not run...the hull is not cracked so i am guessing its the jet pump????
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.

Hi Shannon my name is ***** ***** questions first,

• Hours on this unit ?
  • Salt or fresh water use ?
  • Is it stored on a trailer or dock ? if a dock to you have the means to pull it from the water ?
  • Approximately how much water was in the hull
  • Was the ski sitting in the water or riding it when you noticed the water ?
  • Had someone overturned the ski while riding and if so was it sitting upsde down for a while before it was righted ?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
53 hours on the unit....fresh water...water level was up to the bottom of the engine...sitting in the water but taking on water as it was running...it was not over turned or upside down
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It was stored on a trailer
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.

OK you need to pull the ski out of the water and then trailer it, with it out of the water on the trailer observe the bottom for water leaking from the pump tunnel. (intake grate) and then from the rear of the ski, maybe get a flash light and look in toward the jet pump.

Once you determine that water isn't leaking then I would like you to hook it up to the garden hose and run the ski on the hose.

***** Are you familiar with that procedure, if not let me know ******

Next while running on the flush with the seat off observe for leaks, depending on the leak (if there is one) it could be where a clamp loosened up and a hose backed off.

Let me know what you come up with if you don't find an apparent leak.

Also has this ski been involved in any kind of heavy bump to the bumpers, like coming into a dock hard and hitting it ?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It has not been involed in any heavy bumps into docks...i took it out of the water yesterday...i am not familiar with running it with a water hose
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.

OK good, do you have an owners manual ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not have an owners manual
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.

Here is the flushing procedure for Yamahas, this will help in finding a leak if it has to do with the cooling system, if nothing is found here then I will have you go to the next procedure.

Thanks http://spaces.hightail.com/receive/6wGax

Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.

Hi Shannon this is just a follow up on your question, if more help is needed please reply back and we can continue and further diagnosing your problem, if satisfied with my help, please accept as I can get credited for helping you. Thanks again for using Just Answer, if help is need in the future, you can request my assistance and will be glad to help.

Thanks

Kenny