Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP

1985 Honda shadow 1100,ive pit all new clutches,new cylinder

Customer Question

1985 Honda shadow 1100,ive pit all new clutches,new slave cylinder ,still no clutch engagement
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 4 months ago.

When bleeding the slave cylinder did you have good pressure when opening the bleeder? Is there resistance on the clutch lever when applying it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
to both,clutch lever will pump up hard so will not go in all way

Thanks, I'm kind of at a loss on this one. I'll open your question back up to other experts, someone should be with you shortly.

Expert:  Kenny O. replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?

Do you still need help on this ? Let me know and I will try to help you get your problem figured out ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My name is***** have rebuilt the slave cylinder and everything inside the clutch fibers Metals Springs or rings are on the clutch is disengaged what I tried to Bleed It Out the master cylinder is pumping up hard and then it only pulled in about half way and you cannot pull it in any further and I have no clutch
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 4 months ago.

Thanks Chris, so lets put this in easy to understand terms, so you pull the clutch lever in (to the handlebar) can you click into first gear ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it will go in gear but tire barely moves and can stop it with foot,lever wont come in to handlebar,only half way when cluch is pumped up
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the clutch lever will only come in half way ,goes in gear fine let clutch out ,nothing bike will not move ,done this twice on me after riding for 1 hr and working fine shut it off start back up put in gear let clutch out nothing again,everything in clutch is brand new installed as manual sais