Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have honda ranger replacing rear axle have breaks drum off

Customer Question

I have honda ranger replacing rear axle have breaks drum off and both hubs and lock nuts removed o-ring on right side facing rear of atv the sleeve on the left side nuts off how do i remove sleeve to get to inter o-ring to slide old shaft out sleeve seams sum what rusted to shaft .help.
JA: What year is your Ranger?
Customer: 2007 TRX420FM7
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes to fix myself I have oiled sleeve tapped on it to loosen for sliding off i dont want to apply heat i wish to try and save o-ring and seals only thing left to take off is the sleeve thinl i can remove rest with ease
JA: HHave you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: all good the sleeve next to set nuts on left side of axle next to gear box it is 6 inch long over shaft spacer sleeve stuck what a easy way to remove
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I have eveything off but axle sleeve to inter to remove axle o-ring and slide axle out to right side dang sleeve seams to be stoborn
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Since no one has posted the info here on how to remove this to repair this issue here in some cases this info may be difficult to obtain and in some cases the info needs obtained from a dealer or repair center that works on this model here.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete