Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I have a Lintex Ht 50 QT 26 scooter. Wife parked it two

Customer Question

I have a Lintex Ht 50 QT 26 scooter. Wife parked it two years ago. I want to get it running again. Can you recommend anyone in or around Lexington KY that could repair? I believe it's just carbs are plugged up with old gas and contaminants. It only has 40 hours on it.
Thank you for your time.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

Hi John and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, proposed preliminary / user doable (hopeful) tries (if have not been done):

• • spray/soak the insides of the carb with the air filter temporarily removed using Carburetor Cleaner Spray or equivalent or similar to the product shown HERE;
  • • drain and replace the fuel then add Sea Foam;
  • • use Starting Fluid/Spray when attempting to start.

May have to be done a couple of times and soaking for an extended period of time.

Still and if considering the services of a mechanic, please inquire at Fayette Moped located in Lexington, Kentucky.

• James B. Jennings
  • 231 Bolivar St
  • Lexington, KY###-##-####/li>
  • (859)(###) ###-####/li>

Click HERE for directions.