Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years

Does the 1977 honda 750f have accelerator pump and if its

Customer Question

does the 1977 honda 750f have accelerator pump and if its not working would that cause engine to not respond at all to sudden opening of the throttle. bike starts right up and runs but when the throttle is opened fast it bogs right down
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery? Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: this is a 1977 honda 750f motorcycle with about 35,000 miles
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Motorcycle Mechanic should know about your motorcycle?
Customer: this just started when I changed handlebars for the cafe look ran fine before
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?

Answer to your question is yes, there is accelerator pump that is controlled by a diaphragm, not sure if these carbs have been gone through lately, but given the age of this unit I suspect that the diaphragm has likely failed.

Also if the bike has been sitting the passage ways could likely be clogged for the fuel becoming unstable, so you could actually have something of that nature going on also.

Changing out the handlebars shouldn't have anything thing to do with a runnibility issue, the choke on these carburetors are not cable operated choke so you can rule that out,if anything I might contribute it to being completely coincidental.

I would start with pulling the carbs and then professionally have then gone through, also you might peer into the fuel tank and inspect for any internal rust on the walls of the tank, these tank are just metal and not coated, and over a period of time they can rust and then that finds it ways into the carburetors.

Let me know of this helps, or you have any further questions.

Expert:  Kenny O. replied 3 months ago.

Hi this is just a follow up on your question, if more help is needed please reply back and we can continue and further diagnosing your problem, if satisfied with my help, please accept as I can get credited for helping you. Thanks again for using Just Answer, if help is need in the future, you can request my assistance and will be glad to help.