Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I removed my seat which has always been an issue with my 201

Customer Question

I removed my seat which has always been an issue with my 201 Yamaha Roadstar....I was fiddling with the seat latch and pushed it down and it apparently is locked in position and now I can't put my seat back on....I have tried a lot of things to get that seat latch to open and I can't. Please help.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Since no one has posted any info here on how this latch is released you may have to contact a dealer or repair center that works on this model here to see if they can get you this info.If this is not an option or was already attempted with no success let me know so we can continue from here.The latch may need released with the release lever at the same time using a flat blade tool to try and manually release it.I have seen on some models where the latch can engage when not connected to the bike and this can sometimes damage the latch to where it would need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete