Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I lost spark today on my 1982 Yamaha xj650. It was fine

Customer Question

I lost spark today on my 1982 Yamaha xj650. It was fine yesterday. I first lost spark on cyl#1&4, then I lost spark on all 4.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you havent checked for any broken or damaged wiring leading to the coil packs or ignition components this should be done.If there is any broken or damaged wiring this will need repaired to correct this fault here.If this has been checked and found o.k. already let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete