Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 98 Suzuki marauder vz800 it has a knock while in

Customer Question

I have a 98 Suzuki marauder vz800 it has a knock while in neutral with the clutch disengaged. engage the clutch and the knock goes away. but its loudest close to the stator instead of the clutch side.
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: no problems shifting
JA: What year is your Marauder?
Customer: 98
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet. Yes I'm a mechanic but I work on nissans I plan on fixing it myself.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I replaced the rectifier battery and sealed the stator case before the knock was noticed.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the knock noise only occurred after the repairs were done check and make sure everything was installed properly and that nothing was bumped loose or damaged in any way needing corrected or replaced.If any issues are found they will need repaired to correct this fault here.If this has already been checked into and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete