Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

I have a 1985 honda rebel. Rmoved the front brake hos3 to

Customer Question

I have a 1985 honda rebel. Rmoved the front brake hos3 to install new bars now the brake has no pressure at all. Have tried adding fluid bleeding brakes nothing seems to work.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?
Customer: 15000 and no new brakes were put on last summer
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Bleeding the brakes adding fluid
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your honda?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 8 months ago.

Hi this is Kenny, who am I speaking to ?

I'm the expert, you likely have air stuck at the banjo bolt (where the line attaches to the master cylinder)

Lets try this first, fill the master cylinder to its full point, unbolt the master cylinder from the handlebars, next hold the master cylinder almost vertical (tilted about 20 degrees) so the banjo bolt is lower then the lever tip, then short quick pulses on the lever while holding the master cylinder in your other hand. This will bleed out any air that might be stuck in the piston area and trapped at the banjo bolt. Once you start to feel a little resistance at the level then you can bolt it back up on the handlebars and finish bleeding through the line at the caliper.

Let me know if you have any questions, this should get you started, if not I have another suggestion.

Thanks

Kenny

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** will try this and let you know
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 8 months ago.

OK Blake, let me know

Thanks