TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Honda registered technician, silver level award, former Kawasaki/Suzuki tech, 40+ years exp.
8313095

2003 300 4x4 keeps turning over when the ignition is turned

Customer Question

2003 300 4x4 keeps turning over when the ignition is turned off..when you turn the ignition on the four wheeler starts and runs fine but the starter is still turning over
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 8 months ago.

Most likely the starter relay is defective and the electrical contacts inside that send power to the starter motor are stuck in the on position.

Please rate my answer so that I can get credit for assisting you. After rating you can always add a reply if you need more help with this problem.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
would it still turn the starter with the key in the off position if in fact it is the starter relay
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 8 months ago.

Yes, the power to the starter comes directly from the battery cable and does not go thru the ignition switch.