Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I have a 2510 Mule. Often, when not driven weeks, one or the

Customer Question

I have a 2510 Mule. Often, when not driven for several weeks, one or the other rear wheels will lock down while the other spins and buries itself in the ground. Park brakes are not on. Is this a moisture problem? What can be done? Thank you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?

Can I get the VIN frame number (17 digits) on this unit so I can pull up the proper documentation for this model ?

Also have an idea how many hours are on this unit ?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My name is Wayne. Where would I find the VIN number? Has about 460 hours on it.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.

Thanks Wayne, the 17 digit number is ***** in the front of the unit below the radiator.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
JK1AFCA15VB511902
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.

Thanks Wayne, KAF620-A3 1997

So the rear differential has a lock up on the dash, there will always be the one wheel that has constant power to it, then you have to engage the rear lock, is that your question, that wheel (left)? is not locking up when the lever is engaged to "lock" ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No - it goes fine for a few days but after it sits for a few days, the back wheel locks down while the other one digs into the ground. Like it freezes up or something.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.

Not sure if I'm following you, so one of the wheels locks up and the vehicle will not move until it gets freed up, then its OK until it sits again ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Correct. I sent my phone number if you want to call. It says there is an error but all my information is up to date. (###) ###-####