Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My late model springer front end when it ts a bump at slow

Customer Question

my late model springer front end when it hits a bump at slow speeds like a curb pulling into a driveway or a hole in a gravel road from washout it will feel and sound as if the brake just locked up as causing me to dump the bike and just recently bent the spring rods that i had installed and tightened to the specs, and seemed to be running and handling fine aside from that.. i'm confused an at a lose as to whats up.. I have riden for many years but this my first real experiance with a springer front which have just put on my 2001 softail after having to take my glide off due to it's being bent in an accident last fall where i had to lay it down to avoid a collision with car that turned in front of me and didn't signal and was a migrant worker bogus fone number and address blaa blaa blaa. hoping you can improve my luck even justa smidge
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect and make sure all components were installed properly and that nothing was damaged or incorrectly installed causing a possible brake lock up.If this has a front brake caliper on it I would have this checked into to see if this is causing the lock up here at all with it braking when a pot hole is hit.If these were already checked and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete