Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

How d i change the pads on performancemachine 2 caliper

Customer Question

how d i change the pads on performancemachine 2 caliper brakes on my softail
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I would appreciate the opportunity to help with your question.

Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.

on most PM calipers, you remove the clip on the retaining pin and pull the retaining pin out.

then you wiggle a small prybar between the rotor and pads to push the pistons back into the caliper.

then you pull the pads out from the top and slide the new ones in, lining up the hole in the top, center for the retaining pin and put the clip back in.

- any time you replace pads, you should check the mastercylinder reservoir for proper level.

let me know if you need more help.

Steve