Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

My 2008 waverunner has no electrical power after putting a

Customer Question

my 2008 waverunner has no electrical power after putting a new battery, check all the fuses and they all look new, change all spark plugs and oil as well, it wasn't use since last summer.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 6 months ago.

Hi Orlando, my name is ***** ***** of questions before we get started.

• How many hours roughly are on this unit
  • Salt or fresh water use ?
  • Is ski let in the water when not in use, or pulled from the water every time ?
  • HIN Hull number ?
  • After replacing the battery are you getting anything on the meter, or just clicking when pressing the starter button ?

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Around 30 hrs
Fresh water, used in salt few years ago
pulled from the water every time
WIll have to get the HIN Hull number when I get off from work
I'm getting anything on the meter or any sound on the engine, is dead completely.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 6 months ago.

OK lets get me a number so I make sure I have proper documentation, in the mean time I type up some more checks, do you have access to a multi-meter ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The number is ***** I may be able to get a multi-meter tomorrow after 6 Pm
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 6 months ago.

Thanks Orlando, (VX1100-GW) there was a recall on the throttle cable and you are OK on that, looks like your dealer performed that.

So when you get your meter I want you to check the voltage on ALL the fuses, you can set your meter to VDC and then put the negative (-) meter lead to the ground on the battery, then the meter (+) lead open up the cap on the electrical box, turn on the ignition, and then you will see each fuse on the top you can probe both sides of the fuse, so you have voltage in and then though the fuse, this will test to make sure you have voltage in and out of that fuse.

This is a good start and then we'll move on from here.

By the way, if you have a Harbor Freight tool store close to you, they have an inexpensive meter for $7 that will work just fine.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Took it to a friend and he found out the new battery was bad.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.

I have seen a lot of that this year, getting that multi-meter you'll be ale to test that yourself, I'm glad everything is up and running, enjoy the summer now, be safe !

Thanks