Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a 13 kx450f fi 28 hrs, that would not idle. Replaced

Customer Question

I have a 13 kx450f fi 28 hrs, that would not idle. Replaced fuel pump, bike idles fine now, but after it warms up it seems to lose power at higher rpm's. Atter doing leak down test, comp. at 75%, replaced top end, starts and runs fine until it warms up, then once it hits a certain rpm it loses power. At this point I am just going to be changing parts starting with injector, water temp sensor, etc. has any one else experienced this?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the fuel pump is weak or is incorrect for this model here this can cause a fuel pressure issue and may affect engine operation with a warm engine itself.I would have the fuel system re checked/tested to see if this is a fuel pressure issue due to a faulty or incorrect pump needing replaced again.I would also have the fuel filter replaced to see if this resolves this fault here.If these are all o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete