Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP

While riding 2013 fxdwg warning light flases error code pn

Customer Question

while riding 2013 fxdwg warning light flases error code pn 67478-12 comes up
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 3000
JA: What is the model of your '1000 motorcycle?
Customer: 2013 Harley Davidson wide glide
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I changed lights out and installed leds
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no it runs fine I am going on along trip and I just wont to know what is up with the code
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 4 months ago.

Hello, to retrieve the actual trouble codes follow these directions and let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  P.J. replied 4 months ago.

That is not a trouble code. That is just the speedometer part number being displayed. Did it show up on its own or did you use a series of button presses to get to it?

Which "warning light" is flashing? This is sometimes a normal condition. The "warning lights" no longer flash codes but illuminate continuously to indicate a current problem.

Changing to LED lights on your model bike reduces the load the Body Control Module "sees" and can cause erratic operation of the system. Because the amperage is now out of a specified range it essentially thinks a bulb is burned out or there is a problem in the system wiring. The system can sometimes relearn that the new load is now the normal load but it doesn't always work. At times there must be additional load equalization installed to return the circuit amperage to the specified range.

If you detail which lighting you installed I can help you with the initialization procedure that may solve your problem.

Thanks, P.J.