Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a 2013 Can Am 650 Max. Two problems 1)The belt failed

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Can Am 650 Max. Two problems
1)The belt failed last summer was replaced and now when you take your thumb off the throttle the bike lurches a couple of times until is slows down the fast the more aggressive.
2) the switch doesn't take the bike out of tour wheel drive when activates there is no actuator noise, there is power down at the engine location and the switch make and brakes.
Wilf from Cambridge Bay Nunavut
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect in the area where the belt was replaced and make sure nothing was damaged,knocked loose or disconnected when this repair was done.If a fault is found with any electrical components or wiring this will need repaired to correct this issue here.If this is checked over and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete