Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years

We have a Kawasaki mule 4010 the power steering ecu was bad

Customer Question

we have a Kawasaki mule 4010 the power steering ecu was bad from the test procudures we done we have replaced it now the power steering light blinks and we are having a time with the calabration procedure could you help thank you
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 4 months ago.

Hi Jason my name is Kenny

I'm the Mule Product Specialist, the Neutral Position Registration needs to be set, why was the power steering control unit was replaced, what was the symptom or did you get a code out of it ? Get back to me and then we'll move forward from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
to be honest im not sure why the replaced the ecu it did not think it was bad it was just getting a code 31 the owner replaced ecu im just tring to help him get it working and I do not know how to set the nutrual can you help with that
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 4 months ago.

OK Jason, likely all the old ECU need was the neutral position reset, I will post a link up for resetting it, please download and save a copy as the file don't stay up very long.

This will take care of it I'm sure, I found this to be easier doing it with two people doing it, one reading it and then the other performing the procedure as it tends to time out of you don't do it quick enough.

Let me know of you have any questions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you the owner found a shop manual and we were able to reset it thank you very much
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 4 months ago.

OK Jason, if you need things in the future you can request me.