Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

Can you answer questions about a 2001 Kawasaki kaf300 mule

Customer Question

can you answer questions about a 2001 Kawasaki kaf300 mule 550 wiring?
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
that part of wiring harness started blowing fuses. you have white wire coming off battery that's one side of the fuse link and another white wire coming from inverter . the white wire coming out of harness is other side of fuse link...then they meet together and form a crossing then there is a white/red wire that joins that crossing...then the red/white wire plugs into black/yellow wire because I still have the connectors..but the B/y wire is a ground wire...I need to see a picture of all that wiring wires together ...I just don't understand it...I replaced thall that wiring there but I guess I got it wrong its still blows the fuse ...I need to see those wires and how they all intersect and those B/Y grounds on up the harness cause it burned all those wires together...Can you help?
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?

I'm the Mule Product Specialist, I can help you no problem !

So what was going on here ? was there a symptom or was it all of a sudden it started blowing fuses ?

• Parts that were replaced ? Harness ?
  • Hours on this unit ?
  • Where is this unit used, recreational, farm.....ect ?
  • VIN # ***** digits ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I ASKED IF YOU WOULD CALL ME
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 6 months ago.

OK we can do that I like to get initial information up front so when we talk I have all the manuals, diagram...etc..... in front of me

I'm the expert, I just got the question, you initial request is through JA, so if I can get that information I asked for, I like to be prepared

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
THERE HAVE BEEN NO PARTS REPLACED KENNY...ONLY WIRING FROM BATTERY INTO WIRING HARNESS WHICH BURNED ALL UP...I have replaced the wiring and OHMED WIRES AS I GO BUT I JUST NEED TO TALK WITH YOU WHILE I AM AT THE UNIT OK...jEFF
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
IT WILL HAVE TO BE A DIFFERENT CREDIT CARD NUMBER IF YOU ARE ABLE TO HELP ME KENNY...
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I HAVE BUT WILL BE A DIFFERENT CARD NUMBER IF HE CAN HELP ME....
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 6 months ago.

OK there different harness's for this model Jeff, I need you to give a VIN number so I can get the correct harness diagram, we can talk over he phone, I don't have a problem with that, I'm super busy, I need to manage my time, so lets do what I asked and then we'll continue from there.

Thanks Jeff !

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
KENNY SORRY I'm BUSY TOO! I HAVE LOOKED FOR THE VIN AND EVEN ASKED DEALERSHIPS AND THEY DONT KNOW...THEY SAY SOME FRONT SOME MIDDLE AND SOME TO THE BACK...BIG HELP FOR SERVICE SHOULD KNOW THESE THINGS...ITS A 2001 C-5...MOTOR BUILT IN 7/2001 300 MULE 550...IS WHAT I CAN FIND...IT HAS ALMOST 1700 HOURS AND KNOW ITS ONLY RATED FOR 1000...DOES NOT BURN OIL AND I HAVE REPLACED OIL , FILTERS AIR FILTERS , SHIFT CONTROL CABLE ,...STILL HAD ALL THOSE SIMPLE ITEMS THAT HAD NEVER BEEN CHANGED
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 6 months ago.

Look across the front of the unit bumper area, if not there then lift up the seat and on the seat rail, 17 digit numbers

Expert:  Kenny O. replied 6 months ago.

?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
KENNY , I HAVE SEARCHED THIS UTV OVER AND OVER MANY TIMES FROM FRONT TO BACK AND NOTHING SHOWING THE VIN NUMBER...THIS IS WHAT I HAVE FOUND...CODE FE290D-DS09 , ENG NUM...FE290DE558196 BUILT IN 7/2001...THATS THE BEST I CAN DO...THIS UTV BELONGS TO THE APARTMENT COMPLEX AND I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP JOHN OUT...IF YOU SHOW 2 HARNESSES IT CANT BE THAT HARD TO FIGURE IT OUT IF WE TALK...JEFF
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
IT IS A 2001KAWASAKI KAF300 C5 MULE 550...CANT BE THAT MUCH DIFFERENCE..i HAVE BEEN THRU ALL THE WIRING...
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 6 months ago.

OK, I will give it a guess, if its not correct the information I give back to you doesn't work, its not on me, this most of the time creates more confusion and will likely make you chase your tail more ? I will tell you up front I don't like doing it this way and there are about a half dozen configuration of harness's, remember who is the specialist here.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
JUST FORGET IT ALL KENNY AND HAVE THEM REFUND MY MONEY THEY HAVE TAKEN FROM MY CARD...I AM SURELY NOT SATISFIED WITH YOU AND YOUR ATTITUDE...THAT'S ALL FROM ME....
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 6 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** sorry that's how I like to do things as my results show that, I'd rather be a big help that half way. I was planning on opting out anyway.