P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.

I have 2001 dyna wide glide ,started ran and shut off and

Customer Question

i have 2001 dyna wide glide ,started ran and shut off and will not start ,replace ignition module no change ,removed crank sensor clean and reinstalled ,fire up sounded great ,shut off to put back together and will not start
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 4 months ago.

You may just have a failing crank sensor that works intermittently. If you have a volt meter you can test it.

You'll set the meter on the AC volts setting and place your leads into the red and black wires leaving the sensor. While cranking, the voltage should be 1 to 3 volts depending on cranking speed. If you see less than 1 volt you need to replace the sensor.

If the sensor tests good I can help you to further troubleshoot.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Also, please leave a positive rating for my service today. Thanks, P.J.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry pj ,it took so long to get answer I took bike to shop
Expert:  P.J. replied 4 months ago.

I understand. I hope they are able to take care of you there. Let me know if not. Take care, P.J.