Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

We took a ride Monday on the way back trans started making a

Customer Question

We took a ride Monday on the way back trans started making a noise we were about 5 miles from home trans service light came on an it seemed like trans was slipping we got him parked in the yard will not move now what will it cost to fix the problem
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The cost will vary all depending on what is found to be the issue here.This sounds more like an internal mechanical fault in the transmission since there was a noise issue.Since the transmission light has come on the fault codes need checked and diagnosed to locate the fault.This can run up around $100 to $300 to have diagnosed and then the repair can vary anywhere from $300 to over $1000 in some cases all depending on what is found to be an issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete