Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My 2004 msx goes into limp mode every time I get over 6000

Customer Question

My 2004 msx goes into limp mode every time I get over 6000 rpm what could cause it
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not had the fault codes checked to see what codes are set this needs done.Any codes set will need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.This can be due to a lack of fuel to the engine due to a restricted filter or fuel line in some cases or an ignition component failing needing replaced.I would have this tested further first having codes checked and diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete