P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

2008 road , charger got hooked up to the wrong poles, have

Customer Question

2008 road king, charger got hooked up to the wrong poles, have changed battery, switch. keeps blowing 15 amp battery fuse?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 6 months ago.

That circuit should only power 3 loads on your bike. The siren (if you have one), the turn signal module, and the speedometer.

The simplest way to know if one of the 3 loads got damaged is to unplug all 3, turn the bike on, if the fuse still blows then you know the problem is in the wiring and not the 3 loads. If the fuse stays good then systematically reconnect the 3 loads until the fuse blows again and you'll know where the problem is.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Also, please leave a positive rating for my service today. Thanks, P.J.